HOW TO RESET WINDOWS PASSWORD SERVER 2012, WINDOWS 7, WINDOWS 8 AND WINDOWS 10
So you managed to forget or misplace your windows 8, Windows 10 or Windows Server 2012 password. I will show you a few ways on how to easily change or blank out the windows password. First I will walk you on how to reset with your Windows CD/DVD , followed by Offline NT Password & Registry Editor utility. For this utility you will need a cd, DVD or USB flash drive. And finally the big daddy of utilities. The Geek Squad MRI utility program. By far my favorite.
Using Windows cd To Reset Password
This is a very simple way on resetting the password to any windows version. Simply boot off your windows cd and go into the repair section followed by “CMD” prompt. Follow the steps below exactly as they are and you will reset your windows password.
- Boot from the Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Win8 or Win 10 DVD
- From the Windows Setup menu, click “Next”.
- Select “Repair your computer”
- Under Choose and option, click on “Troubleshoot”.
- Under Advanced options, click “Command Prompt”.
- At the command prompt, run the following commands:
- cd windows\system32
- ren Utilman.exe Utilman.exe.old
- copy cmd.exe Utilman.exe
- Close the command prompt and then click “Continue”.
- The server should now boot and present the logon screen. Here click Windows Key + U.
- At the prompt you can now change the password, by typing the following command: net user administrator Password123 This will set the password for the Administrator user to be Password123 (case sensitive).
In the event that this does not work for you, here are two other options that will surely work.
DOWNLOAD Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
CD release, see below on how to use
- cd140201.zip (~18MB) – Bootable CD image. (md5sum: f274127bf8be9a7ed48b563fd951ae9e)
- usb140201.zip (~18MB) – Files for USB install (md5sum: a60dbb91016d93ec5f11e64650394afb)
- cd110511.zip (~4MB) – Bootable CD image. (md5sum: fe0d30a1c540ec6757e748c7c09e2e4f)
- usb110511.zip (~4MB) – Files for USB install (md5sum: 50ced8d2a5febe22199f99acec74e63b)
The files inside the USB zip are exactly the same as on the CD. See below for instructions on how to make USB disk bootable.
Floppy release (not updated anymore), see below on how to use them
- bd080526.zip (~1.4M) – Bootdisk image (md5sum: 37889e4c540504e59132bdcdfe7f9bb7)
- drivers1-080526.zip (~310K) – Disk drivers (mostly PATA/SATA) (md5sum: 72ac1731c6ba735d0ac2746a30dbc3ee)
- drivers2-080526.zip (~1.2M) – Disk drivers (mostly SCSI) (md5sum: 30172bec657c85a5f1a0b43601452fb7)
- More info on this at http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html Official Site.
How to make the CD
Unzipped, there should be an ISO image file (cd??????.iso). This can be burned to CD using whatever burner program you like, most support writing ISO-images. Often double-clikcing on it in explorer will pop up the program offering to write the image to CD. Once written the CD should only contain some files like “initrd.gz”, “vmlinuz” and some others. If it contains the image file “cd??????.iso” you didn’t burn the image but instead added the file to a CD. I cannot help with this, please consult you CD-software manual or friends.
The CD will boot with most BIOSes, see your manual on how to set it to boot from CD. Some will auto-boot when a CD is in the drive, some others will show a boot-menu when you press ESC or F10/F12 when it probes the disks, some may need to have the boot order adjusted in setup.
How to make an bootable USB drive
- Copy all the files that is inside the usbXXXXXX.zip or on the CD onto an usb drive, directly on the drive, not inside any directory/folder.
- It is OK if there are other files on the USB drive from before, they will not be removed.
- Install bootloader on the USB drive, from command prompt in windows (start the command line with “run as administrator” if possible)
X:syslinux.exe -ma X:
- Replace X: with the drive letter the USB drive shows up as (DO NOT USE C:)
- If it seems like nothing happened, it is usually done.
- However, a file named ldlinux.sys may appear on the USB drive, that is normal.
- It should now in theory be bootable.
- Please know that getting some computers to boot from USB is worse than from CD, you may have to change settings, or some will not simply work at all.
If this still fails to change, well get the best software out that will mount the Hard Drive so there is no room for issues. Get the MRI Geek Squad dvd/cd. THis bad boy has
MRI GEEK SQUAD CD/DVD
THis cd has just about everything that a tech person needs. From spyware removal, Antivirus, File recovery and a very powerful Windows Password reset Utility by SoldierX. THis is my favorite. You can download HERE.
HOW TO CONVERT ISO TO USB
ISO to USB is a free and small software that can burn the ISO image file directly to the USB drives, these USB drives include USB flash drives, memory sticks and other USB storage devices, it alsosupports to create a bootable USB disk with Windows operating systems. Freeware.
Facebook: Xbmc Tips And tricks https://www.facebook.com/groups/565124710285772/ VPN SETUP KODI: http://vpn.kodi17.com Forum: http://xbmcm3u.com kodi Evo Tech https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkfg9-oz3rqYVqnyRr7gHyQ http://Funkykitchengadgets.com IPVanish VPN Link: https://www.ipvanish.com/?a_aid=559b2ebabc791&a_bid=48f95966 Twitter: https://twitter.com/Miniboxpro http://querisavines.com Merica Build http://kodinews.net/Plugins Kodi UFC http://kodiufc.com BEST FULLY LOADED BOXES http://amzn.to/2cAhjF5 Best Boxes for Kodi