Click here to get the CLUE app: https://xq5r.app.link/w3R3TyXp4B
Thank you to Clue for sponsoring this video! #ad
There are so many hormones involved in our monthly menstrual cycle. They are responsible for the release of the egg, the building and shedding of our uterine lining, and how we feel! Here are the 5 hormones involved in our monthly cycle:
1. Estrogen! This is the one we hear about the most, and it is often called the growth hormone because it helps grow the lining of our uterus so that if we do become pregnant, it can keep the egg safe and help it grow. Estrogen is a female sex hormone that is produced in our ovaries, fat cells and our adrenal glands.
2. Progesterone. This one we don’t hear about as often but it balances the effects of estrogen. Meaning, that if we aren’t pregnant, our progesterone levels will rise and the lining of our uterus will shed. It is another female sex hormone, and it’s fluctuation can also cause the symptoms of PMS and PMDD.
3. Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH). This hormone helps stimulate our ovaries and mature an egg so that it can be ready to be released.
4. Luteinizing Hormone (LH). This hormone is responsible for the actual release of the mature egg.
5. Testosterone. This hormone increases right before our period and during ovulation. It increases our sex drive as well as helping keep our bone density and muscle mass up. So that if we do become pregnant, we can actually handle being pregnant and have the baby.
We have a lot going on each and every month! So many hormones shifting and making our cycles possible. Whenever one of my clients talks about having bad PMS or PMDD I always ask them to track their mood. I often have them write it down each day so that we can see when it’s hardest for them. That’s why I decided to work with Clue app. It’s a period tracking app that also allows you to track your mood and physical pain. The more you tell it, the better it gets at predicting your mood and PMS symptoms. Check it out! I find it helpful to know when we may feel bad so that we can plan ahead! xox
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
BIG THANK YOU to my Patreon Patrons! Without you, I couldn’t keep creating videos. xoxo https://www.patreon.com/katimorton
I’m Kati Morton, a licensed therapist making Mental Health videos – Depression, Eating Disorders, Anxiety, Self-Harm and more! Mental health shouldn’t have a stigma attached to it. You’re worth the fight!
New Videos every Monday and Thursday!
Visit http://www.katimorton.com for community support!
Business email: email@example.com
SENDING KATI STUFF
1223 Wilshire Blvd. #665
Santa Monica, CA 90403
HELP! SUBTITLE VIDEOS
Subtitle videos if you know English or any other languages! You can help people who are either hearing impaired or non native English speaking. By doing this, you are helping others and strengthening our community.
MY FREE WORKBOOKS
Easy to follow at home workbooks for your mental health….
Eating Disorder workbook
Wondering if I have answered a question like yours?
Search for it here:
Facebook: Xbmc Tips And tricks https://www.facebook.com/groups/565124710285772/ VPN SETUP KODI: http://vpn.kodi17.com Forum: http://xbmcm3u.com kodi Evo Tech https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkfg9-oz3rqYVqnyRr7gHyQ http://Funkykitchengadgets.com IPVanish VPN Link: https://www.ipvanish.com/?a_aid=559b2ebabc791&a_bid=48f95966 Twitter: https://twitter.com/Miniboxpro http://querisavines.com Merica Build http://kodinews.net/Plugins Kodi UFC http://kodiufc.com BEST FULLY LOADED BOXES http://amzn.to/2cAhjF5 Best Boxes for Kodi